Hey girl, hey! Wassup yall! Todays post gonna get you right. Just writing this is getting me together. There are so many reasons why a protective style just might be the move for you. We all love to wear our hair out but sometimes its not a bad idea to give it a break and that’s where protective styles come in.
So for anyone that doesn’t know what protective styles are, think braids, extensions, twist, and faux locks. Protective styles don’t require weave. Some times simple two strand twist (my personal go to) plaits, cornrows. Just think of styles that protect your ends and keep your hands out of your hair for at least a few days.
There are benefits of protective styles like hair growth, and time saved. Today Im just gonna get straight to the real. Yall about to get the scoop on why I run to protective styles and how sometimes it takes a minute to know that you need a break. So go on get comfortable and check out the six reasons ya girl might be rooting for you to get a protective style.
- You can’t remember the last time you washed your hair. I mean what’s even in it a hair pin a mop, I mean do you even know???
- You been going ham on manipulating it like EVER….RY… Day. Just clumps of hair every where eww.
- You keep trying to make that week old bun work.
- Cutting it off actually seems like a good option because you just can’t figure out what to do with it.
- You’re frustrated with the growth progress you been seeing lately. Don’t quit just maybe stop doing daily length checks. Don’t look at me like that, I know Im not the only one who has been here.
- Sis is tired, sis would rather do anything but do her hair, sis is busy with life and you are sis.
There really is no wrong time to get a protective style. You are preserving your hair and what can be wrong about that. What ever your reason is to get one, get one and let it be just that.
We have the ability to be so versatile if we wish. We also have the ability to not be bothered with hair for awhile and what a nice thing that is. So take that bonnet off because you have no idea what’s under it, and twist it up, braid it up, whatever you like. Remember, be happy, be curly, be you, and you will never fail!